collision and hit task

Hi,

I’ve tried a hit weapon and knock an object off another, but it doesn’t fall off. With rigid physics or dynamic it does move once hit, that can be either an animated hit movement or a bump into an object movement. So the object is the physics player not the bones. That doesn’t actually matter, I just want the object to hit another and it falls off.

I looked back at a file which was to do with AI knocking of a limb, but that doesn’t fit my objective. I took a look at the tutorials on the video site, but there is nothing specific on hitting an object around.

I imagine Rigid body is best used for an object to hit and fall down. The game development book states, GFT, Collision and roll, and Rigid body meets all three. Use is for objects, barrels, crates.

Looks as if that is the only suitable physics for an object. I’ll have to stick with that one.

Here is example with static bullets.Study it and learn.

Attachments

fredsde.blend (486 KB)

I gave that a try, but for an object on top of another, a dynamic type sinks it down a bit through it?

If you have them as cubes it works.Are they cubes?

My example I did use, yes.

Any shape can be used, what would be the difference? A Rectangle object is similar to a cube, but shorter in width. I tried that as a dynamic and that was sinking through another object that I scaled to be a shelf.

Well, collision bound box sorted that problem out.^

As for hitting an object off, so with another object. Because just walking into an object it can fly around. So it needs to be moved once it has been hit.

You need to increase the mass of the rectangle in physics.

I did try that, by default an object is 1,000 so I tried 50,000, that didn’t change it. An object can still collide with it and send it moving one way.