Blender - Compositing animated and live video content

I have a job posted on Guru and would prefer to complete it with Blender. For your safety and mine, I will contract and pay for this project thru Guru’s escrow system.

Here is a link to the job:
http://www.guru.com/jobs/video-compositing-in-blender-or-ae/1336572&ItemNo=1&SearchUrl=search.aspx

And here are details:

I would like a guru to composite an 8-second piece of animation we’ve created into a live video we have licensed. Here are low-res examples of the source materials:

http://www.karencarr.com/guru/DO_NOT_USE_reference_only_background_video_watermarked.m4v

The live video will be delivered as a single mp4 file. This file is watermarked and is use restricted by Adobe Stock. The camera is locked; no pan, no scan and no dolly, and no camera matching required.

The animated portion is delivered as a series of 255 PNG files representing a variety of render passes:

• Full color with alpha
  • Alpha pass
  • AO pass
  • Diffuse color pass
    *Diffuse direct color pass
  • Diffuse indirect color pass
  • Environment pass
  • Mist pass
  • Normal pass
  • Shadow pass
  • Z pass

The final video spec should be 29.97 fps at 1920 x 1080. All source materials are created to that standard. Your deliverable will be a Blender file containing your VSE compositing node tree or an AfterEffects file compositing these sources into one video. If you do not change the file structure and names I provide, you do not need to return the files – my setup will match yours.

If you want an additional render pass that I have not included, it’s possible I can provide that… and you may find that some of the passes I have provided might not be needed for your approach.

My desires for your compositing are to:

1. Embed the animated character believably within the live video’s environment – make him look like he belongs there. You can (and should) adjust source live video where needed.
  2. Add shadow and/or reflection as the character passes over the water in front of the camera
  3. Add leaves blowing gently from left to right in mid distance

My goal for item 1 is for a visually tight integration into the live video. For steps 2 and 3, I welcome your best approaches and recommendation to augment the animation’s integration with the live environment… Show me what you can do.

The video you are compositing is not a final product and will not be used in public. Our goal is to explore a workflow with a guru for upcoming compositing needs. Our preference is for the compositing to be done entirely within Blender 2.78. You’ll provide a 2.78 .blend file back to us (ideally using our exact folder and filename structure) that allows us to render the animation from our source materials. We do not want to receive an mp4 or other video file back – the goal is to ID workflow for composition on future projects. If your planned approach requires a Blender add-on, PLEASE IDENTIFY that approach in your proposal.

It is acceptable but less preferred to complete this project in AfterEffects. Your AE must be a fairly recent CC version. You’ll provide an AE file back to us (ideally using our exact folder and filename structure) that allows us to render the animation from the source materials We do not want to receive an mp4 or other video file back – the goal is to ID workflow for composition on future projects. If your planned approach requires an AE plug-in, PLEASE IDENTIFY that approach in your proposal.

I will provide a download link to the live source materials after accepting a proposal. If you maintain our specific file folder and name system, your only deliverable will be one Blender 2.78 file (preferred) or one Adobe AfterEffects file.

I may consider more than one guru for this project to have both Blender an AE gurus for future projects.

I will not consider $0 or hourly cost proposals: All proposals must identify a specific fixed price for the project.

YOU WILL SIGNIFICANTLY increase the likelihood of having your proposal accepted if you provide a link to a video from a similar compositing job you have done, which involved combining both live video and a still or animated 3D element added to the scene.