Pavement Curb creation

I am still learning about what Blender can do with the help of Blender for Dummies. But, an unable to create a row of repeated oblong meshes as a row curb stones and to spin then around corners. I did do some extrusion of cubes for the creation of my city-scape, but after baking I could never paint in the faces correctly. You can see the curb-

stones are too smooth and need to be segmented and run around a curve. Any suggestions on how to achieve this would be more than welcome as I have tried to get my brain around this.
Thanks
Dicon

What method are you using to create the curb?

I used a cylinder then cut out a wedge, then extruded the ides with the intention of using the baked image in a paint package but it didn’t like it. I then tried a spin on two rectangular meshes, that looked good but again the mapping looked clumsy. I know there is a way to generate a series of meshes along a spline ( I think ) and an still looking for a Utube tutorial on that. The idea is to do a high poly mesh, then transfer the UV to a low poly so it can be used in a Blender game. You can see in the picture the curb looks very unrealistic. I’m still working my way through a lot of on-line tutorials learning something new everyday.
Thanks.
Dicon