interior

Please have a look and let me know your feelings on the lighting especially. This is a project with some recycled objects from previous projects. Mainly just trying to get better results in Blender filmic. It’s a bit bare in the scene, but especially distracting is the mirror which is empty. Thanks for input. Also please click on render bc its blurry as a preview for me, at least

It can be better if it has more light. Like upper part is too dark . And reflection in mirror is also dark .

I haven’t played with the filmic stuff yet, but I recall from watching the BlenderGuru tutorial that applying the right LUT was an important step. To me the image lacks the deep blacks and bright whites of a properly color-corrected image, in the same manner that I usually see with raw film prior to having a LUT applied. Drop the image in something like GIMP or Darktable and you’ll see what I’m talking about in the color histogram. Before doing anything else with your lighting you may want to start there.

Thank you both for the feedback. I’ve updated some values

Edit: updated render

What are the bounce settings? I feel like you have given enough light but GI still looks weak.

It’s all lit with only one sun lamp and no AO…Maybe that’s it?

sorry forgot your question…default bounce settings. Anymore ideas?

i
I have been playing with settings lately and it totally depends on scene.
You can try this one.
Max-64
Min-8
Diff,Glossy,Trans -64
Filter glossy-0.03

thank you for all of your feedback. I’m posting to finished!

i like the furniture design, thoug maybe it be better without curved objects, keeping it all in 1 style ?.