aircraft consept

Hi!

Been working on this model for a while now and I want some thoughts on it before I post it on the Finished Projects thread. Hope you like it :smiley:

Original concept by Darren Bacon (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/wyaJV).

Very nice model and well presented in a very good lighting situation, I am, however, not convinced that it would fly…

Very nice materials for me!

Cheers, Clock.

Those are amazing materials, presented in great lighting! It has a unique feeling of raw metal and engineering that I always liked very much:yes:

Thanks clockmender and LW DEsign!

One of my friends said the same thing, that it wouldn’t be able to fly. I ignored him and said nobody will notice it, but I guess I was wrong :smiley: I think the wings has to be at least twice as large as it is now, but I think I’ll leave it as it is :3

Lovely model and renders. Congrats!

Thanks minoribus!

I think it doesnt matter if it will fly or not, from an artistic point of view it looks amazing. Like a concept from decades ago.
Good job!

Great work. Like an off the wall prototype from the 50-60s.

I think you could make a block of concrete fly if you have enough power. :slight_smile:

Love the presentation and overall work. I do agree with your friend though, it feels like its so close to being a really great work! If you just add that extra 5% I think its worth it to make it more believable. Right now it would pass a submarine, but as an aircraft it just doesn’t feel right. Yet!

This is awesome! Great model, materials and lighting. I wouldn’t worry too much about the fact it wouldn’t fly - it looks damn cool.

I’d love to see a wireframe!

Beautiful model and I love the materials you have on it. Reminds me very much of the Ho-229 but modernized. Love it!

Thanks everybody!

Sorry for responding so late, I’ve been busy the last two weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

I followed the concept art without thinking about aerodynamics when I made it, so I don’t mind if the wings are a bit too small. Maybe I should have asked for criticism in the blocking face instead, its a bit to late too change the main shape at this point. But thanks for pointing it out, I’ll keep it in memory for my future projects :3

I’m starting a new post in the Finished Projects section. I’m calling this one done :slight_smile:

Here are the wireframe images as requested ^^

aaaaa… ho… man… it looks great! very Retro Cool… some what reminds me of some of Jack Kirby’s old Flying machines…

love the weight on the tires bit…

love that you posted wires… wires are such a great study tool…

Looks well done and very creative but you must make it appear more flyable

well modeled,i like the overall look of the materials and lighting.extrude the wings and all critics if its flyable are gone hehe.