Bathroom Scene

Hey,
I created this bathroom scene for a fix up project on my apartment. The focus of the project is to keep real scale and keeping in mind a budget for the materials and fixtures.

I started this project with 360 rendering in mind, so I’m gonna link that one here.

Want to improve my renders so feel free to critique.

The only glaring problem for me is how the towels are hanging. At first I thought it was how much they were flaring out, but actually I think it has to do with how fine a point they come to at the top. I’ve never managed to hang a towel on a small hook without there being a lot more massing at the top. The material is just too thick and heavy. Otherwise I think the shots are beautifully composed and rendered. Nice work!

It feels like you have used AO too much.
Just render it in passes not in environment.
And details are burning. try medium contrast in filmic.

Thanks for thefeedback. Great point with the towels. Hard to achieve realism while defying physics. I used high contrast to achieve the “feel” I wanted. Going to work on toning renders down, love the look of them to. Any tips on passes toturials? Havent experimented alot with that workflow yet.

That really nice 3rd render especially…looking good. The man thing I notice is the kind of unnatural look for the towels, kind of washed out looking. Really looking great overall, to me.

The lighting in this scene is very nice.

Your colour management is wrong here. Filmic will help a lot with that, or you can adjust contrast and saturation in post, though that will, of course, affect the whole image unless you render multiple layers and composite together. A nice start though.

I agree with the comments regarding the general hang of the towels - it isn’t natural. Have a look at Andrew Price’s tutorial on towels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEpsN1-W-Qw

I love the contrast between the cabinets and the grey tiles and surfaces. The lighting of the render is a bit too bright for my eyes. Also, it’s more practical to hang towels on rods instead of hooks.