KRYGKOR / BATTLECORP - scifi project

Hi all, I’ve been fiddling with this scene for quite a long while (in my free time). It’s been several months now, and I’m thinking I should start trying to bring it to completion. Below are some wip shots of the different elements, I’d love to hear your feedback.

Main scene angle:

Main robot

more wip shots:

more:

Never heard of Battlecorp before, is this an original project or fanart of something?

Either way, this looks amazing. There’s a lot of complicated bits and pieces on it that really gives it that detailed machinery look. Judging by the tiny person in the background of the first picture, I assume it’s going to be like a giant Jaeger-sized mech.

Keep up the good work. I’ll be interested in seeing how this turns out eventually.

Love the modeling! Lots of nice complexity.

My one thing is I see a human size for scale, but the corridor design in my eyes doesn’t fit the scale, it makes the mech seem much smaller. I would check pacific rim for reference, the hangar and they made the scale seem bigger.

@ The Omnilord: thanks man! Battlecorp is just a name I came up with :slight_smile: the name is based on the South African arms manufacturer “ArmsCor” also called Krygcor in dutch (I think). I adapted the name a bit to sound more dramatic, BattleCor, but that was to obvious, so I called it BattleCorp. My version is purely fictional, but got some inspiration from reality.

@ alanplanes15: thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile: I’ll see if I can get the scale working a bit better :smiley:

I agree that the scale is a bit strange, but great work!

DAmn, you’re on so many (great) projects at the same time D

I hadn’t seen the human figure until reading other comments. Absolutely give the hangar or warehouse the same level of attention: i-beams, Triangle built metal framework and a buttress or two. That robotic arm must weigh ten tons. I’d shore up its rail travel path with some columns. Even just a couple and the atmosphere by way of geometry will sing and deliver some scale cues. (And I’m just typing random notions, clearly you have a vision already and it’s exciting to see!)

The detail is delicious! Are you using hard ops addon at all?

Hi guys! thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

@BiggR working on it :smiley:
@pieriko thanks man :smiley: I like to keep several projects running at once. That way, I don’t get bored. :wink:
@HelloHiHola great points, thanks for the feedback! I agree some vertical supports in general are probably needed, and sure, the final level of detail will be on par with the robot (I hope :wink: )

So I’ve added in some ideas I’m working on, namely scaffolding on the left (might not use it, we’ll see), as well as some I-beams on the rafters, and raised the middle section of the ceiling (with the skylights), also, added in some vertical iron beams on the right, but not sure about that, I might change them to concrete later. any thoughts welcome :slight_smile:

also, I need to start working on the robotic arms on the left, and need more details on the floor and walls. lot’s to do! here are some kitbash parts , I expect to be making many more.

@HelloHiHola sorry, forgot to answer your question. Yeah I’m using Hardops, although mostly on the robot so far. :slight_smile:

Quick idea, you could have the mech behind still being put together and in the building process. that way we could some more of that cool detail under the armour.

Scale is looking better :slight_smile:

@alanplanes15 yes that’s great idea! I have many of the internal bits modeled on the robot, so the rear one could have some of the top panels missing, to show they’re working on it.

Sorry for the long time without updates… as usual other things got in the way :slight_smile: I’ve modeled a few more kitbash things, and also a forklift vehicle. I will model more vehicles like trailers and mobile racks with parts stacked on them.

also, here is the forklift, and a noise free render (rendered in the new denoiser build)