2.78 C on win 64

anyone having problems with this latest release ?

got some random locking for many tools !

like rotate view port

rotate ob
changing some values in N panel
ect.

thanks for feedback

happy bl

everything works fine on my end. got any costume hotkeys set up?

im on OSX atm tho. ill try updating to the latest version when i get home (win10)

I tried to repair it and still same kind of problems

I might re install 2.78b instead less bugs I guess

let me know

happy bl

the A key for select all or not is not always working too

putting back 2.78B

at least there are less bugs for me in general

happy bl

Rotating in view feels wierd

im lacing Rotation and Scale in the N panel
and Location name is changed to Median…

other then that everything is fine.

dumb changes imo… im also changing it back. BF fucked up this time.

tried to re install 2.78 B and it was buggy too

so had to go back to 2.78a
now seems to work not bad

at least my user prefe are working now

happy bl

re did some testing
and came up with this

need to do a clean re install
so delete blender
delete all user pref and startup file
install new 2.78C

redo you user pref set up and save it

and that seems to make latest 2.78 C work better

let us know if it works for you too !

happy bl

ill stick to 2.78B for now. if it worked for you it probably will for everyone.

Hi,
Just checked all issues listed here in this thread, I have zero problems. Using zip downloads only.
Win 7 pro 64 and 32 bit being used, checked both.
What are the Win OS’s being used?
Wondering…thanks.

Win 10 64 bits

I even tried a complete re install an still having some problems
but difficult to repeat !

thanks
happy bl

Not surprised, I’m sticking with 7 for now, refuse to try 8. Had 10 awhile ago, but gave up.
Have you reported this yet to BF?
Hope you get it sorted.

xyzero it has nothing to do with the operating system, in fact windows 10 is a very stable operating system now. i was in windows 10 since technical preview about a year before it it was released to the public, and its not as trash as people like to put it out to be.

so you “giving up” is just a sign on you being unable to adapt.

the older version work fine it is only when I install the 2.78 C that troubles began
I mean different strange bugs at different time
so it is blender bugs no questions
but I cannot repeat it time after time so hard t report this kind of behavior

Win 10 is fine no problems in general
better then ever I would say

thanks
happy bl

This sounds familiar. Very strange symptoms with tools, greyed-out settings, and the UI was caused by userprefs.blend when it happened to me. I didn’t manage to troubleshoot it further than that.

I would focus on userpref.blend, startup.blend, and addons. I think the global undo setting was the ultimate culprit in at least one related support thread here. A more recent thread I believe it turned out to be an enabled addon. In my case I got the impression new Blender just didn’t like the old userprefs.blend. I replicated all my settings from the previous version, saved a new userprefs.blend and all was fine.

Sorry can’t make time to dig up more threads.

Edit: BTW I’m not seeing any issues this release Win7 64 but that obviously may mean nothing.

-LP

I got global undo at 32

but what is the other one memory = 0 ?

but I did have to get rid of old start up and confi files and create new one
but still having some issues

thanks
happy bl

I am thinking my new install of 78C is a mess. I used the old startup file form 78A and it right away duplicated everything. 2 cubes 2 lights 2 cameras .

I made this post about objects not keeping the right names when copied.

i Made this post

after reading this post I think I am also going to go back to 278A. Im having all kinds of troubles. Gimble dissapears- cursor is all over the place and cursor wont stay with the objects. Its like its trying to use two different databases at the same time and cant make up its mind where things are.
I have a lot of addons and keyboard shortcuts to transfer over to 278c

From what I gather here is that if we use factory state on 78c we are fine. ? ? but when we use the old startup.blend we are EFFED ?

For now reading your posts here saved Gobs of my time. the blend files I create in a botched setup in 278C may follow me around for a long time. I am afraid to append files that I made with this 278c install. Especially when the objects are so our of wack.

The link above does have the startup file and the blend file I made with it. I was using 278C. In the future I guess I will try out the newest releases of blender in quarantine so I know to be carefull with the files I Created.

Is their an easy way to tell what version was used to create the blend file ?

I use one computer with linux manjaro that runs 2.78c just fine but I’ve had crashes on my windows machine with 2.78C. I almost never had crashes prior to this and now I’ve had several per session. Also I’ve had some errors where the screen has turned almost completely black with just a few of the window divider lines showing. I have to close down blender, since I can’t see what I’m doing, and then reopen and recover.

I had to delete blender then delete start up and user preferences file
then re install everything and redo manually my set up !

and now seems to work well

happy bl