Poke Law

Hello guys,

For the past few days, i have been workin on this little piece, that started as a joke for a friend. You see, he is a lawyer, and i wanted to show him the image and tell him “How do you know this pikachu is a lawyer ?, because of the suitcase…”, i know, bad joke. But the simple image i had in mind became a little more. So, i was wondering, if maybe, you guys can critic it ? It really would help me a lot !!. Do please, critic everything you have in mind: Color, composition, pose, lightning, render quality, everything and anything. I would really be thankfull.

By the way, i did the pikachu in Zbrush but everything else is blender. Rendered using Cycles with Filmic Color Correction and some Photoshop compositing.

Cheers,

nice, i’m not sure but perhaps give him fur ?.

Alright, so here’s some Pikachu images:

3d version

This is a fun concept! I have no issues with the body or the clothing. Even the environment and composition looks fine. I especially like the coat. :slight_smile: could use some more wrinkles but over all, I think you are heading in the right direction with all of that.

My main Issues are with the head: So the first thing I notice is that Pikachu doesn’t really have a snout like you’ve modeled here. He basically has a ridge below his eyes and his mouth is practically carved out from there. Some of the models I’ve seen have a bit of a muzzle around his nose though. I think that’s kind of a subjective matter of taste. Most people just draw the mouth into the face in the texture map. Your nose it’s self looks too large as well. Also, the cheek spots need to be larger as well. It also looks kind of like either the eyes need to be moved down or the mouth needs to be moved up. Either way, the mouth and eyes need to be closer to each other. That’s kind of a signature of Japanese character design by the way. Remember that the ridge that runs under his eyes goes all the way around his head and tapers up the slope of his head from there. Finally, his eyes are usually perfect spheres. You’ve made the white dots of his eyes into pupils but these are actually supposed to represent highlights. So, they look really weird; like he has black eyeballs and white pupils. You can think of it this way: Basically, Pikachu’s eyes are all iris and pupil.

It’s looking good! Keep it up. I’d love to see this progress. Good luck! :slight_smile: