Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Yes, this ( Grease Retopology Pencil ) may leave all retopology addons in the dust!!......there's nothing more natural than when you're drawing a mesh....
    it couldn't be easier.
    This could be an icebreaker for retopology in Blender.....the other apps don't have a Grease Pencil...we have...that's a future for retopology.

here is the Grease Pencil low poly drawn pre-mesh...and "final" lowpoly model....fast , intuitive workflow....if developers improve Grease pencil and make the Grease Retopology pencil

grea_pen_01.jpg
    ....nothing modelled just converted....almost...just a smaller tweaks.....it depends how exactly you draw edges
    ....what seemed like a not enjoyable hard work becomes fun!!
    Last edited by Mistran; 28-May-17 at 20:32.

Originally Posted by zeauro View Post
    Drawn faces have a low opacity. So if there are overlapping faces, you should see overlapping area like more opaque.
    You can increase their opacity to make this more obvious in UV/Image Editor theme.
    When you synchronize 3DView with UV Editor, you can figure out if your selected faces are flipped or not.
    Yes indeed that is true
    "Don't forget that blender is a community project, we develop blender together.
    If you feel things aren't as good as the should be, make it your goal to improve it." Sergof

You can use gpencil with bsurface, it's faster than drawing all the lines.
    Last edited by pitiwazou; 29-May-17 at 06:08.

Originally Posted by pitiwazou View Post
    You can use gpencil with bsurface, it's faster than drawing all the lines.
    Yes, Bsurface is great addon but this could be another tool for choice

Originally Posted by Mistran View Post
    Yes, Bsurface is great addon but this could be another tool for choice
    But it's add a new tool that solve a problem that actually have a solution.

Yes and bsurface is much faster than creating all the lines.

...I don't think the current Grease pencil( it's works but it's slow...you must delete cross edges...merge all vertices and create faces )....the developers would have to create a new Grease Pencil tool from this - Grease Retopology Pencil and this could be faster and more intuitive...i've tried Bsurface but ....you must draw - edit....draw - edit and so on..sorry...but this is not intuitive and nor creative....just draw all the edges and convert....this must be faster...but I'm not a developer maybe that's impossible.
    grea_wire_conv.jpg
    Last edited by Mistran; 29-May-17 at 09:10.

Originally Posted by Mistran View Post
    ...I don't think the current Grease pencil( it's works but it's slow...you must delete cross edges...merge all vertices and create faces )....the developers would have to create a new Grease Pencil tool from this - Grease Retopology Pencil and this could be faster and more intuitive...i've tried Bsurface but ....you must draw - edit....draw - edit and so on..sorry...but this is not intuitive and nor creative....just draw all the edges and convert....this must be faster...but I'm not a developer maybe that's impossible.
    grea_wire_conv.jpg
    That tool is not useless, but when you have a lot of tools, addons,... to make retopology of a head in 10 minutes ask for a new tool only when you have tools to make retopology with identical workflow but with edges and vertices and not grease pencil... tools that all people use in the industry (because blender have almost all tools to retopology).

http://www.kjartantysdal.com/images/...stomRetopo.gif

Actually Blender have so many tools to make retopology that I don't have all installed and I don't know all perfectly, I don't think that it's correct ask for another retopology tool and confuse to the developers instead of ask for tools that fill holes in blender pipeline.
    Last edited by DcVertice; 29-May-17 at 14:51.

I think you don't understand how works bsurface in fact, it's way faster than what you do with gpencil.

And what you do in fact, you can do it with vertex.

I briefly tried Bsurface...it is true...I should learn to work with bsurface and then evaluate
    but this new tool could be a great.

..."it's way faster than what you do with gpencil"...just now yes, but when developers
    will improve Grease Pencil this way, then it's as fast as bsurface and maybe easier workflow......just my opinion.

Sorry but you are wrong, with your idea you have to draw every line, with bsurface you don't, so it will always be faster.

I don't understand why you want draw a edge with gpencil when you have five differents ways to make the same with mesh tools. Did you see the gif that I put? is an addon with similar workflow.
    Last edited by DcVertice; 29-May-17 at 17:21.

@DcVertice.... This guy I0ckness in this thread he said : "I'm definitely behind a grease pencil / drawing based retopo solution. This could easily be the most intuitive, natural retopology system in the market (not counting auto-retopo solutions, which of course have their limitations).".....and that's exactly "why"....he said it

...never mind.....just an idea guys
    Last edited by Mistran; 29-May-17 at 17:38.

if he make somethong better than bsurface, yes, if it's like your idea, nope.
    I retopo since years and less you do, better it is.

Something like this, yes with extrude edge, create faces like F2 etc.
    Last edited by pitiwazou; 29-May-17 at 17:43.

Yes, but with Grease pencil and use Grease pencil's layers....something like that....but after sketching (drawing)...only sketching >no extrude,F2 only convert it automatically to a lowpoly mesh.
    and while we're at sculpting I am trained as a sculptor..I cut into the sandstone and clay for many years
    Last edited by Mistran; 29-May-17 at 18:25.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678