Where to post if looking for future hires?

Moderation note: This thread was split from a posting in the Jobs forum

But this is not deferred payment, this is actual hiring, the thing is that we want to arrange a list of people that we may hire, and I think if this is in volunteer work we will not see many professionals answering this.
If you think we must be here, leave it here of course, but I think we should be in Paid Work, because this is not deferred payment or volunteer work, this is contact gathering for actual jobs in the near future, we don´t want volunteers and we won´t pay IF the project goes well or anything similar, we will pay as we hire, it´s just now we need contacts to hire for different possible projects.

Cheers!

Ahhh… No, it’s not a job.
Learn some more.

What is precariat.

mmm how should I interpret your link?

Gathering contact information or networking is something important if you want to run a business with Blender, right now not enough professional artists answer an offer in time, last time we did that we ended up having to do the project in max, so right now we are trying to gather enough professional contacts for future hiring.

I don´t know how to interpret your link and your intentions with it, I assume that you think that a freelance is a person that has a precary job or something similar, wich is not the case…

Are you a professional?
Do you want us to contact you and evaluate your portfolio for future hiring?

Please Fweeb tell me your decission because I cannot let this offer in the volunteer work forum, as I said this is for professionals and this forum is not visited by many professionals because they don´t look for volunteer work as is understandable…

If there is another better place where I should post it better than in those two forums, please tell me.

Cheers.

Hi juang3d. I’ve split this discussion to its own thread in the Blender Artists Website Support forum. I understand your desire to collect a list of potential contacts for future work, I really do. But please also understand it from the viewpoint of people coming to the Paid Work forum. They expect a job posting to be for an actual opening that is available now. They don’t go to that forum in the hope that perhaps one day in the future (when they may or may not be available) they might be invited to apply for a position.

I believe we’ve made the purpose of the Paid Work forum clear in the forum description and the sticky thread there.

Because your posting isn’t for an exiting opening right now, it qualifies as deferred pay and therefore is most appropriately placed in the Volunteer Work forum. If you’re interested in collecting a list of professionals that you can invite to work with your company in the future, I recommend that you have a look at the Blender Network. That site has listings of professional Blender users, listings of their skills, their portfolios, and their current work availability.

When you have an opening for a specific job, I encourage you to post that in our Paid Work forum.

I see it quite simply. the jobs forum is for job offers (paid or volunteer). You have no job to offer, you are offering the possibility for a job, potentially sometime maybe in the future.

As Fweeb says, if you have an actual job to offer then that would be the appropriate time to post in the paid job forum

I get your point and I understand it, but there is another point, reaching professionals is also important for small studios like me, we have to act fast to be able to prepare bugets and teams in time, so having contacts in advance is a must if we want to be able to carry on with the projects.

So while I understand this does not have to be in the “Paid Work” forum, I also think this does not have to be in the “Volunteer Work” forum, since the thread changed I´m receiving zero contacts, while when the thread was in the Jobs forum, the very little time it was there, I received 5 contacts I think, and we answered to everyone I think (if someone has not received their answer and is reading this, I´ll re-confirm we answered everyone)

So maybe there is a small gap here, maybe some kind of networking sub-forum in the jobs section could be the correct place to have it, because it´s clear that there are professionals that want to contact studios, big, small or medium studios, so they can hire them in the future, specially freelance people, but not just freelance people.

As I said, this is not volunteer work nor deferred payment either, but I understand it´s not an specific project, so how about closing this gap, specially now that the Blender user base is going to grow at a fast pace, or at least I think so, I´m not the only one that is finally leaving Autodesk and migrating to Blender all our work.

Also the Blender Network is a good place to look and be, but there are people that don´t know it or don´t want to be there for whatever reasons, so this should not be the only place to reach or contact people I think.

What do you think about this proposal?

To put an example, in Blender Network there are just 19 persons from Spain, and in fact, there are a lot more than 19 blender artists in Spain right now.

A bit of feedback here is welcome, as I said since the thread was moved to volunteer I have received 0 contacts, please I would like to receive professional contacts but right now it’s impossible…

I don’t know. This entire site is for networking among artists (professional and otherwise). We don’t really have a gated-off section for just professional artists and I’m not sure that we could (or would). There’s nothing stopping any potential business owner from looking through the Artwork forums and creating a list of people to contact based on the work they show there. I don’t think having a “networking” subforum would offer much value to the site. It would ultimately end up being a personal marketing/spam forum that no one really visits.