Edited audio strips in VSE not playing correctly

Hi, I’m puting audio to a video and have edited most of the strips (volume and pitch), however a few particular strips have a tendency to play incorrectly (as though no edits done to them). If I manually scrub back to a little bit before they play then they will play correctly, however if I start playing the entire thing they will mess up when played. I tried rending the audio/video anyway to see if maybe it would work correctly in the final output, however that didn’t work.

Any suggestions? At the moment it seems I may have to export each editted strip individually and then import them to replace the originals.

Cheers.

Sometimes Blender doesn’t like highly compressed or odd formats. Try converting the audio files to WAV files then substitute the Strip source path for these new copies. Also check that you have the right Sound Device selected in the B3d Sys prefs, for the VSE make sure to use SDL. Also consider in the Strip properties to set Cache to on. This should buffer the file for you.

Thanks, I tried your suggestions but unfortunately they didn’t seem to help with this issue. What did help with a couple of files I’d edited (by draging the start and end points of the strip) was to change the trim duration from soft to hard. Other clips would just mess up regardless, so I’ve had to substitute them for different sounds all together. The VSE just didn’t agree with some particular files and I’m not sure why; I compared the details to ones that did work and couldn’t figure out the problem :confused:

I use handbreak when I need to fix video before putting it into blender, blender has no forgiveness for variable framerates.

If the Hard/Soft trim is a repeatable bug then you should report it to the bug tracker :wink:

Its great if you find something that is easy to characterise, sadly the VSE doesn’t allow you to pack files and send as an example of the bug.