Bf 109 G - 10

Hello everyone,

After my first attempt at P47D, here comes my another one. This time I am gonna go with german bf 109. Classic I know, but I have never done one. Virtual nor flesh and bone one.

This time I am using the guidance of mr. Witold Jaworski through his publication Virtual modelling. I hope the result are gonna be by far better than my first one.

So far I only prepared for myself some drawing. Downloaded them from some russian site, and did my check up and corrections. The front view looks kind of odd. I am not certain about cross section, since the rest of views had a quite few errors.

Here is the current progress:

if somebody knows a bit of two about 109s please examine my front view.

cheers,
lukasz

Hey, good luck on your work…
Here is a little inspiration for you…http://www.military-meshes.com/forum/showthread.php?3610-me-bf-109-G/page18

It will be interesting to follow your progress on this.

From my experiences of the spitfire model I am building, I would suggest you spend a little time finding good reference drawings and cross sections and making sure they all match up to the side and plan view you use. I have restarted my model twice because I found better and more accurate plans after starting the modelling, and a bit more time planning would have saved me a lot of time modelling.

Good luck with the project.

Thx for the words of encouragement gentlemen.
ajcdfin, thank you for your link. I came across that one independently just day before yesterday and it looks stunning. Hopefully I will do anywhere near as fine.
robbur, thx for the advice. My drawings are not very trustworthy. So I am doing as you suggested and shuffling the www for some cross reference materials. It is hard to find anything reliable. So everything goes quite slow, my daytime job doesn’t help either :slight_smile: BTW I follow your Spitfire work and its remarkable. Especially that its a beautiful plane and one of my favourite ones. Keep up the good work
cheers,

lukasz

Has anyone have a decent blueprints of bf 109G? The ones I am using are pathetic and realy make it impossible to work on. Please, anyone?

http://www.military-meshes.com/forum/showthread.php?6092-Need-some-accurate-Bf109-G10-drawings

You will probably want to register - its well worth it.

thx, ajcdfin, i guess I am gonna have to.

Hi guys,

quick question. does anyone know the size of the panel gaps on sections of the hull behind the cabin?

thx
lukasz

Hi again,

Here is my progress after todays work. I am not happy with the cab. I dont know the smart way of cleaning up edges without using the crease command. I anyone knows the trick, please let me know. Here is what it looks like

cheers,
lukasz

here is the issue, look at the screenshot and please give me the idea how to clean up these frames???

cheers
lukasz

Do you need to sub surf the frame ? If you do sub surf it what’s wrong with creasing the edges ? - seems to sharpen the corners OK ?

Cheers NeilF92, I worked with creases and extra edges and it worked well!

Glad to hear you got it sorted - I figured that might be the way to go . I’m no expert in 3D by the way :no:

HI guys,

here is my mid and aft section of fuselage done I think. Added some details, that I took from original photos I found on one cool WWII hardware forum, check out the results:

cheers,

lukasz

Hi guys.

So I think I am done with my fuselage. It is nowhere near perfect, yet I am happy with the progress compared to my previous one. yet is the time to work on wings and wings mounts. Hope you like it

cheers,
lukasz

nice model!

Looks good to me, really nice progress. I recently saw one of these aircraft (still in original paint) at the Australian War Memorial.

Do you have subsurf modifier added to the fuselage or has it been collapsed to be high poly ?

Looks very cool so far, I guess it’s gonna be much better than P47 :wink:
Could you show your wires?

Hi guys,

thank you for kind word :slight_smile: !!! Personally I think this model is far away from nice, yet its good to know somebody likes it :slight_smile: kevjon, I am using subsurf modifier, thats the way I learned modelling so thats the way I go, and lukasz_ next week I will try to find time and post my wiring for you. Daytime job :(!!!
BTW kevjon, if you happen to be around AWM again, could you do me favor and snap the detailed underside walk around photos for me? They are reaaaaally bastard to find online.
cheers,
lukasz

If you PM me your email address, I am happy to send you the 8 hi res photos I took of the underside. Unfortunately some of them have a little blur due to the darkness of the room.