bouncing

how do i make a cube fall down and bounce a couple of times.
please make the instructions very clear as i have some difficulties understanding some of them
thanks all

look up animating in Blender on either youtube or www.blendercookie.com. What you are looking for is animations.

it says start your free trial today . no thanks.
i can do animation but there is something that figures out bouncing
thanks

Physics simulations?

Yes Randy - Physics, but the surface you want the bounce to occur on must have “Collision” activated to stop the ball going through it. The keyframe the ball moving towards the surface and then the Physics will take over. If the ball is falling vertical you can use “Force” - Gravity and just let the ball fall.

Cheers, Clock.

Clock, can you please give more complete instructions? suitable for someones whos avatar reflects them!
thanks all

you dont have to pay on blender cookie if you don’t want/need the paid videos but honestly, they are worth it. I subscribe every year for a month or so and go on a download binge. If you pay you can download each and every video with example files. There’s tons of free things to get you started.

PS check out the videos for blender collision physics on youtube-ville

you wish to be an expert.
i dont
thank for your reply

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/physics/soft_body/examples.html#a-bouncing-cube
Randy

Thanks for posting that Randy - I didn’t because I was “out on the tap” last night…

Cheers, Clock.

thanks
looks to involved for me - do i have to bake? or is that just to have the cube crumple.
there also used to be a feature where one could make something stretch and compress. no baking cos i did it years ago.

No, you don’t have to bake the sim, you can just press alt-A and blender will play the animation, but it will be a slower playback as blender will have to calculate things during playback. The cube squashing and stretching, that behavior can be changed by adjusting settings for the sim.

there also used to be a feature where one could make something stretch and compress. no baking cos i did it years ago.

I can’t think of any feature that will squash & stretch, other than good old animation, which takes time and work.

Randy

thanks…