Star Citizen: MY SUPER HORNET spaceship

hi guys! :smiley: i’m Chri…:confused::eyebrowlift: coff! no i’m gikkio.

I try to model my Suer Hornet space ship. Totally model in Blender, and without mesh of other, all is mine sweat.

Why?
Beacause i need exercise, i need a big project, i appreciate this design, and i need to see my level of rendering as the most level of detail and rendering I can create, compared to much more beautiful professional rendering.
Goal
The goal is modeling without real referece to exercise, and make max dectail with text and my best render ever.:o

workflow & pipeline.
phase 1

• I start with very low poly work. Only primitive to catch the proportions.
    phase 2
  • Then i replace primitive with mesh, no topology important here!, only the “silouette” of the mechanical part
    phase 3
    RETOPO in my love: Topogun. topology attention and UV a very good uv
    phase 4
    Finally i take substance painter, so is the time to learn this soft.
    phase 5
    rendering in keyshot and cycles.

now we are on phase 2.
I study the the shapes of the geometry. And where is good, i go to subsurf and dectail mesh.

Is only a FIRST PASS of dectail. a style study.

here the first work:eek:
Fist study of engine. need more …pieces of mechanical :confused:

here the first work

we have the central block here, and the 2 pipe that trasport the hydrogen in reactor (the purple).

Is a dectail of back side of engine, like a normal military jet. But i don’t like this design. I see it in render and change it if is a strage.

In this we have a dectail of mechanical part. This part can move (i animate later).
This wings open and close so the pilot can regolate the power of the engine. (i think:rolleyes:)

The Ship is a little back, is one step behind the engine.Some things are very very low poly, I apologize for the lack of detail.:confused:
I realize that they are just “mesh” put together, but the proportions for now seems to work for me.

From side, some mesh need some adjustments

e for last the front;)

Ok for now thank you all, for comments suggestion, and for read it my WIP. I’m very happy for this.
This need more time, is a big work.:eek:
Texturing in substance is now for me and it, in this work, will be virtually course to learn soft.
I always end the work that I begin I hope not to take too long.
Always update this topic.:yes:

PS: the upper part of turrets is not only this, after i put on it a mega gun :rolleyes:

So far the details on this ship looks great. In the future, you are going to have to figure out a color scheme for the ship.

Thank you Xero.
I have a some idea about :slight_smile:

little up. i add a new passage of dectail, and with some edges, and subsurf the mesh tkae is form.

I unwrap ALLLL mesh ( 50 OBJ) :spin::spin: i love UV work but, is a very long work.
I unwrap all because i don’t know where i go to add dectails with mapping, and substance painter need always mesh with uv layout.

so… engine with 1 step of dectails.

engine ready for UV

And the ship with sub and the mechanical in dectails

dectails under

and the all UV test map

Thank my friends, for follow my wip and have a nice day!!! :yes:

partial rendering. now i work on retopo to bake texturing and pass to painter the dectail with textures

project up.
Have some problem for export and baking texture now first look materials and base texturing

vieweport

another update

Attachments

[ATTACH=CONFIG]477389[/ATTACH]
last viewport

now go for other level of dirt & sand

Finish the work :spin:

Final rendering and post pro.

My HORNET for Alleanza Astrale

Thank you! ALL

it was great to open this wip here.
All advice and criticism helped me a lot to grow and to improve my work.
I thank everyone, all really! Dimly!
To think that there are people who say that forums are no longer useful to learn. WRONG!!
Fortunately, they are wrong!
Thank you all! I love you!:spin: