The Old Farmer

Hi everyone!
My name is Aku Kettunen and I’m a 13 year old CGI enthusiast from Finland.
Today I’d like to present you my latest artwork, The Old Farmer

The original idea was to improve my sculpting skills.
After quite a bit of work I got this result you’re seeing right now.
For the project I used Blender, Krita and Gimp, and Filmic render for better colors.
Most of the textures are from textures.com and poliigon.com , but some I made myself.

For those who want to see more here’s a little breakdown:

Overall I hope you’ll enjoy this render, and will have a good day. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Good one! Cheers from Sweden!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I started CG about your age, but i made some mistakes that i think if you stay away from them you will be a great artist.
first of all, your work is way more better than my first cg render(and you’re 13!).
I list some stuff that maybe help you in the future

1. Don’t start with software, learn basics!
This one is really important! if you want to be original, pickup your pencil and start drawing cubes, circles, cone,… and basic shapes.
if you escape from it now, it will back later!

2. Start with realism, not cartoony stuff!
I know you’re so young and this is kind of boring or hard for you, but there is no other way!

3.Compare yourself with professionals !
There is a danger for they who start something early, they keep saying to themselves that they are too young for a good work! so they are happy with low quality.Just compare yourself with bests!

4. University or college
I don’t know about education system in Finland, but in most of the countries after high school it’s time to choose a field or major, choose a field that is close to art (if you’re serious about it!). it really destroy your time if you choose something like economy ,… .

That’s it! I hope when you’re in your twenties, be happy about the past!
Goodluck!

Thanks for the great tips! :slight_smile:

Great You can work out your ways and do a good job in the future

Outstanding job! Keep going! I recommend you Andrew Loomis books, they are free to download, and they teach so many thing about the human proportions. If you learn the proportionss and some anatomy you will improve a lot. Also us as much references as posible, they also teach a lot.

Thanks guys! :slight_smile: