Blender Artists Community FAQ

Hello everyone. I was looking for a site that may help me improve my Blender skills. I am a newb seeking guidance. So here I am. And somehow got the name Sakura. (Why wasn’t that name taken???)

Upon reading the FAQS section I noticed this:

—~~~~
"Welcome New Users!

Please read the initial below items. These will greatly help you become acustomed to Blender Artists and will any some initial questions you may have when posting on the forum for the first time. Enjoy and thank you for hanging with us on the site!"
—~~~~~

(If it’s not clear I believe accustomed is misspelled; unless it’s spelled that way in another country and “any” should be “answer”)

I know it’s a small thing and probably already known but it never hurts to ask. On a side note, I couldn’t find my answer regarding 3d fan art. I would like to know how copyrights work here if for say you wanted to model a well known cartoon or video game character.

Thanks for the heads-up on the FAQ! I’ve gone in and fixed that. Whew!

As for your other question:

Generally speaking, we don’t restrict the creation of fan art here. If it’s clear that it’s fan art then there’s rarely ever a problem. That said, we do respect the copyrights of artists here. So if the original copyright owner were to contact us and request that a specific piece of fan art be removed, we would have to comply with that. I’ll double check, but I’m pretty sure that’s the official stance. I’ll post a reply here if I’m wrong about anything.

You’re welcome. Glad I could be of help.

And alright. I’ll keep an eye on this topic for any future replies. I like to do fanart so I wanted to double check. Don’t want to get in trouble with anyone first coming here. lol