Introduction aka Greetings everyone!

Hello everyone. I’m Sakura. (I know, redundant but still.)

I grew up with Photoshop and over the past few years, I have played with Action script. But I would like to go further: 3d modeling. Currently, I cannot actually make anything. But I’m hoping to change that by coming here. I was trying to learn it on my own but finally decided I could annoy some forum and maybe meet some kind individuals to help guide me in the right direction.

I’ve been on and off Blender for maybe the past year now. I managed to make a donut with the help of video tutorials and am becoming more comfortable with moving around the program itself. I believe my problem is I haven’t been able to grasp topology or have that “intuitive” feel when creating 3d works. I’m not really sure nor pinpoint it.

But. I am not letting that discourage me just yet. I figure many have been where I am and if so many others can do it, so can I. I’m willing to listen and will highly appreciate any feedback or answers to my future questions. The only way I could help others is with Photoshop. So maybe I could help someone here too?With that said, I will end this post that got waaay too long and look forward to interacting with the community here. Nice to meet you!

Hi Sakura, nice to meet you and welcome to BA :slight_smile: What you tell us is close to my own experience with Blender in the beginning. The learning curve is quite steep. But on the other hand it gives so much fun … Can’t wait to see some of your works and I’m sure you will find a very helpful community here.

Glad to see another enthusiastic new user around here to try and take a bold step in the magical world of Blender. We were all beginners trying to learn an unfamiliar software once, so don’t be afraid to enjoy yourself here and find the answers to any questions you may have.

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I am very happy to be here. I know I’m still at the beginning stages but I hope to change that within the next few years. I’ll try to share my works when I can make stuff in the future, I bet that’ll be neat to see over time. (Though that may be awhile…lol)

Again, very happy to be here. I know Blender will be amazing for me once I have a grasp on it. =D