blender sold on amazon!

i know that blender can be sold etc,but does amazon not have some ethical responsibility?(the same guy sells other open source soft too)https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blender-3D-Professional-animation-rendering/dp/B01MG28EUN/ref=pd_cp_65_2/252-9336561-7673865?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8E9VBVY61DSPQ0P02FMR

Just to play the devil’s advocate, I can see some value in a service that will package software and deliver it for a modest fee, as there are some people who do live in rural areas that are on dial up still.

The only ‘issue’ that exists there is whether they have permission to use those images.

:confused:

Seeing some open-sourced products on official discs is actually kind of cool. I almost want to buy one just for the novelty of it. I don’t see anything wrong with it, as someone mentioned you don’t need the internet use it. So, if, heaven forbid, your computer crashes, you lose blender and you don’t have an active (or good) internet connection, you can still re-download it from the disc and your life can go on. Having so much of the resources we use today (especially open-sourced content) practically intangible, I think its a great idea to have copies like this in circulation.

Not the latest builds though, but I get the idea.
It more for the vintage quality of it. Kinda funny indeed.

Technically, the GPL allows you to sell Blender itself (but how much money you make may heavily depend on when a legion of Blender fans come to your page to point people to the free download on Blender.org).

On top of that, Amazon also doesn’t have much in the way of standards in terms of what products are allowed (outside of obvious bootlegged and illegal products). If it bothers you so much and you have an Amazon account, give those people a link to the official website.

If you think that there might be any sort of issue with the product – legal or otherwise – simply notify Amazon and let them and their lawyers deal with it. As they very swiftly will.

LOL – there’s one customer review and he warns people that it’s free and points them to Blender.org… and he gave it 5 stars.

Ok. But a Blender DVD with PBR materials, tutorials and that kind of things would be very cool