"War Dogs: Left Behind"

The next installment in the continuing animated series “War Dogs” a solo animated film.

The episode was interesting. The pacing was great, the animation was good, however, there were a couple of things that were a bit off putting to me. Now, I can see that some of the scenes there were pre-rendered. It saves time when it comes to rendering power, but not with out consequence. When you have characters walk or even run through that, you have to try and match the lighting to the pre-rendered scene. Also, there are some instances that the characters “ran through trees” in the video. To the untrained eye, they wouldn’t have noticed. In the future, it would be best to have the characters run through the actual scenes. Sure it will cost time and power, but it would make it more believable.

The second thing would be the actual lip sync. I personally think that a bit more work could be done to have to mouth to match the words spoken with the dialogue. As far as the music selection, you could have added a bit more to set the tone on some parts where there was some action going on. There where a couple of “empty” spots where you could have set the feeling of the scenes.

Thanks for the input Xero shadow. Yes, some of the scenes are pre-rendered in order to save computing power and time. Truthfully I have never thought to match the lighting and it will be something I will now pay more attention to. Unfortunately, music is not my strong point and I do see what you mean by “empty spots.” Maybe I can turn the music over to someone with more experience in my next installment of War Dogs.

As you know, every film is a learning experience. Good luck with your film

Thanks, I need to get more work in. But I think I should the first half of the episode completed real soon.

Wow Drew (or David) I really loved your animation. The pre-rendered (photo backgrounds) were a bit of an eye-sore for me as they didn’t always match the perspective of the camera/model. Animation-wise I thought overall it was great, there were a few slippery feet here and there… and some Thunderbird style walking, but that didn’t detract from the greatness of your film.

I wish you all the best in your next episode.

Thanks for the encouragement Steve! Agreement on the slippery feet and Thunderbird walking, I’m still trying to get the hang of this animation thing!!

References are needed to smooth out the animation. There are some out there. You just have to look for it or record yourself.

to stop feet slipping the easiest way would be to simply do a walk cycle along a path, and make sure the y movement of the foot is set to linear. Since the character is constraint to the path you can place him/her anywhere.

Hey thanks for the tips you two! It seems animation is an ever-learning process!

This is so awesome.

I’m so jealous that you ACTUALLY FINISH STUFF. REEE.

Keep it up, these are fun to watch, stuff like this motivates me.

Well, you have a new fan, I just got done watching that and I loved it.