Solar Flares

Hi everyone !

I’m pretty new to the “Blender Game” but i decided to create a short animation turned like a publicity for my Organisation in Star Citizen, I practiced and learned a lot with tutorials and experiments, but now i’m stuck and need your help !

By combining two tuto’s (For animation For texture) I succeeded to create this one : Sun. But now i would like to make some solar flares and missing things to do my star more realistic and “complete”. I searched on the net (here too but answer is old and i understand anything)with “solar flares Blender” and with other keywords and I found that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylmFePcXm4 . Effects on side are really convincing, someone on the vid asks for flares but the answer is… Well you see. And this is why I’m here, who can tell me how he did that ?

Please, I remind i’m new, (and not english-speaker in additional^^) so I appreciate so much if you can take the time to answer to me with well-explained methods (and pics maybe) :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading this post. I promise I’ll put the video here when finished :3

Blender 2.78a

Up ! :evilgrin:

A solar flare occurs when magnetic energy that has built up in the solar atmosphere is suddenly released. Radiation is emitted across virtually the entire electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves at the long wavelength end, through optical emission to x-rays and gamma rays at the short wavelength end.

Thank you so much for the false hope.