Strange world reflection position jump/glitch

Hi gang,

so I’m making a simple animation of a coin flipping, but I’m finding that at a certain frame, which is actually the frame after the last keyframe where the coin has flipped 360, the reflection on the coin totally changes. In rendered preview mode, the reflection does not have this change, the following couple of images are rendered preview on left, actual render on the right:

Frame 27:

Frame 28:

Here’s the blend if anyone wants to have a look:

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hmmm if I go to frame 27 which has the keyframe, and delete all the keyframes from the coin, the lighting ends up as it is in frame 28…

This is really weird…

:BUMP: Does anyone have any ideas? Even if it’s just to look and see if you have the same result…

Thanks in advance…

Deleting the action from the coin in the outliner, I still get the change in reflection from one frame to the next, but I just quickly made another coin, assigned the same material, and didn’t get the same issue, so I’m at a loss - it seems it’s not anything to do with animation on the coin, but then nothing that’s going on out in the scene either… What a puzzler…

Hmmm okay so it seems like it’s related to smooth faces, If I set all the faces to flat then it doesn’t happen. But I’m still at a loss as to why the ‘pop’ should happen the frame after the motion stops…