How do I get rid of the "sparkly's" in my renders?

Hi, Folks!

Whenever I use a sun or point light in my scenes, I get a bunch of “hot” pixels (sparkly’s!) in the darker areas and shadows. They’re very pretty, but not what I want in a final render. Here’s a screen shot:

The scene is 1280x1024, color depth= 16 using the sRGB color space. Bounces = Max-8, Min-0. I’ve tried increasing these, but makes no difference, just adds render time:

Since the sparkly’s are through-out the entire scene, I don’t think any of my materials settings are effecting this.

Am I missing an Anti-Aliasing setting somewhere in Cycles that I should be increasing?

I’ve been making “runs” at Blender since some early 2.xx versions (both MAC and Windows), but am attempting to finally get good at it. I’m not a novice to 3D having used Bryce, Carrara (since MetaCreations), Vue, Z-Brush, TurboCad etc., so understand the fundamentals pretty well.

Thanks for the help and advice.

RonK95

Attachments

uncheck the caustics

If you need the caustic effects, turn the filter glossy value up to around 0.20 (this will allow them to converge much faster at the cost of some bias).

Daedalus_MDW and Ace Dragon: thanks … exactly the answers I needed!!

(BTW: Ace of Dragon: ran through you’re sketchbook … love your art!!! Have some questions about your output for “sale” media that I’ll post up there later.)

Thanks again,
RonK95