Optimization to work with many angles

Hello everyone!

I use to work with medium/large scenes for archviz, and occasionally i have to do 2 or 3 shots from the same project, but different settings.

At first, i used to animate the settings, so on frame 1, camera was on one position, rotation, field of view… Then changed the HDRI, etc…
But this workflow wasn’t working for somethings…

So i started using the Scenes.
Each new shot i created a new scene in the same file, everything linked from previous scene.
But the file was starting to get too heavy and Blender too…

Now, i am trying to use many files, linking everything i can, and the main file is used mostly for things like particle systems, render settings, camera, etc…
The house would be in a separed file, linked to the main file, just like the neighbors, the environment…

Objects and vegetation i have always used as linked.

How do you guys work with large scenes?

I would reeeeeally love to know how movies are made… like the blender open movies…
if i buy any of the open movies, do i get the blend files?

just found out that looks like we get the files! Guess i´ll buy one mostly for study!

Get the film + all data from the 12 minutes Pilot of Cosmos Laundromat, the exciting open movie project from Blender Foundation!

Yeah, buy it if you can (to contribute to the Blender cause), but you can also download each file online, that’s an option too.

I remember downloading the big buck bunny character, they used mesh deform for skinning him.

I already contribute by donating month =)
What do you mean by downloading online? Do they share these files freely?

https://cloud.blender.org/
Check it out

i think i will cancel my monthly donations, and subscribe for that!