Does anyone know of any forums for Manuel Bastioni Lab?

So, I know very well that Manuel Bastioni Lab is not MakeHuman… but I’m having a very hard time finding anywhere on the internet to ask a question about it. On his Contacts page he says to send a private message on this site, but I can’t find a way to do that, the only option I’m seeing is to friend him, which I’ve tried but I’m sure he’s very busy. I’m just wondering if there is any community of users of MBL, based here or anywhere, where we try to help each other out?

If anyone is interested, my problem has to do with animating MBL characters with proxies. I am the author of MegaMotion, a BVH exporting animation tool (megamotionsoftware.com), and I am trying to find good ways to show off my BVH output. MakeHuman is working great for me, but I am a coder not a modeler, and it seems that creating clothing in MBL is somewhat easier than it is in MakeHuman (at least for a non artist).

In MBL, however, I immediately came up against the issue that “Fit Proxy” is something you do one time per pose, whereas I need animated characters. I dodged this bullet by figuring out how to set up a frame_change_post handler, and call mbast_proxy.fit() each frame.

This is awesome, but my next problem, which I’m still stuck on, is how to do this for multiple characters. I wrote a script which automatically copies a character in Blender and assigns a different BVH file to each new character, but for this to work in MBL I need to make copies of all the proxies, and then (here’s the rub) get them to attach themselves to different characters. Right now when I copy the character and copy the proxy, I get the correct number of proxies and characters, but all the proxies are keyed to the original character. What I need is for each new proxy to attach itself to each new character as it is created.

Anyway, I don’t know if I’ll get any help here, but I’d sure like to find a community of people trying to figure out how to use MBL. Thanks in advance for any advice!

https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?391401-Addon-Manuel-Bastioni-Lab-turns-Blender-in-a-laboratory-for-3d-humanoids-creation

Thank you!

In case things have changed in over a year, I too struggle with proxies fitting the MBL character. A MBL forum would be great.
Problem: I could make clothes easily in MakeHuman, but appending them to MBL is frustrating. Just to start, the proxie is always massive compared to the character (doesn’t matter if its utility or not). When I finish the fitting for the utility character, and save it to the library, the same fitting problem exits. I use all the fit tools available, but the finished product looks below average.
I’m actually into animating, and like MakeHuman, but clipping on tight dresses makes it almost impossible to do a walk cycle, where MBL has solved that clipping issue. It’s like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Thoughts are welcome.