blacklist clients

hi,

I am developing some kind of network game/frame in blender at the moment.

Now I want to ban people by ID and/or name in combination.

How to avoid logging in from people thy are banned?

You could create a list of banned ip addresses and check if a connecting user is in that list. If that are, prevent them from joining.

Ban the account, the computer or the human?

If I doing that, the problem will be to check every few frames if or if not some one is banned or not and than kick him.

I asking for an solution the IP can’t connect to server.

@VegetableJuiceF

I only think to ban the computer e.g. IP of them.
ps: how did you want ban a human?

I’m not an expert on networking, but isn’t the idea to register a client first before connecting them? At that time you check they are a valid client then hook them up.
Without that step someone can send junk data to your server…

If you want restricted access, you need some form of authentication.

The minimum authentication is indeed the IP address. Be aware this is nothing to identify a user, it just identifies a connection. The same host can have multiple connections with different IP addresses. It can even happen that different hosts have the same IP address (but not at the same time).

When you want “accounts” you need to provide methods to let the clients tell who they are (e.g. via login). This way you get a relationship between connection and account (usually called session).

With that you can restrict access based on account.

simple:

the first send message from an client should be the (username, [maybe an numerical instance]) and the IP is send automatically.

then I’ve got an dict like {IP:Name} and now if in blacklist kick or let it stay.

really simple