Social Order Game (School Project)

I am designing a video game for a school project the premise of the game:
You are a Spheer in the Cu’ub/Spheer world. Unfortunately the Cu’ub people do not believe that the spheer’s are efficient and therefore they are prevented from the Cu’ub’s amenities. Your goal in the game is to do things to help people out or prevent violence in order to increase your social standing. Once you reach higher social statuses you can enter new buildings and do other quests, and when you reach the optimum level of status you can make major changes to improve and reconnect the world.

here are some early images- my intention is to make a stark difference between the two groups through art work, dialogue, and the players interaction with people

Quests:
Helping business man move illegal wares
Petition

Social Help:
Saving someone from danger
Unstick stuck square
Lead square back to square territory
Talking with people (adds small social)
Talk down violent attacks
“Turn off persons oven”
Save animal out of tree
Buy people “water”

Radical social things you can do:
Knock down tree
Turn off power generator
Hijack Tv/Radio station
stop supply ships

Social Changes that will occur:
Guards disappear
Gates comes down
Regulations change

There is a rebellion group who is going to be in “Neutral territory” who are going to be a mentor of sorts because they will give you suggestions on how to improve society. (Spheer people give radical idea’s and Cu’ub give more subdued ideas)

This game has to go together for my Grade :slight_smile: (I guess)

Thanks for any views and thoughts

Fredstash

p.s. this project will probably prevent me from joining the next BGMC

p.p.s. I have around 20 days to do this, but I am confident that I can finish it (at least to an acceptable level for my teacher)

I really like the land thing. It reminds me of old school game texture style.

Thanks for the kind words.

Here is another picture

Final update for today. I need to start writing dialogue, I want to design more houses, I want to add characters, and I want to add more assets around.

I hope it looks good to all of you. I like how it looks so far.

The world is coming together, and soon I will need to get working on the mechanics of the game

Here are a couple more pictures:

This is the inside of a supply ship and you can sabotage it to change your social status

Are those round things on the sides propellers to keep the thing flying?

Yes, they turn in realtime; They just don’t turn in pictures :wink: (and also the fact that the objects are “static” keep it afloat)

Quick update: one of the cubes now walks back and forth around the city, but I intend on making it a bit more random by making the way points follow an animation bringing him to several points on the map.

I’ve been super busy so I couldn’t post any updates, but here is the current version of the game, and the one I am presenting in class tomorrow.

(warning it is a rather big file)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ArMyL6qbeKTFNJeDB1NUo5b0k/view?usp=sharing

Here is a better more updated version

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ArMyL6qbeKM0ZKeHZUc05ybDg

(If anyone has any feedback I would love to incorporate it into my presentation; Good or Bad)

the game have glitches and after some time it crashes, but i would add a pass/not pas to the side of the cu’ubs if im going with the guy following meand he says something like “he heped me, let him pass” the social status is comfuse for kids, if this is a game for kids

hello again…another suggestion put the text bigger or make them sounds trigged by proximity and mouse, kids dont like to read and pay atention to the ones who talk to them.:eyebrowlift:

It is for teens, and I presented it today- and they seemed to like it ok. Thanks for the suggestions, if I do more for this game I will definitely consider your thoughts.