Cannot render particles animation. some frames take 8 min, but other 10 hours.

Hi, guys. It’s very weird. I am tired. Cannot render particles animation. For example my frames 88 and 89 take about 10 hours to render each, then frame 90 - 8 minutes, frame 91 about 10 hours again, frames 92 and 93 - about 8 minutes again and so on. The weirdest thing that the difference between those frames is almost absolutely nothing , you know just same particles are moving there. So it’s not like one frame has more polygons that the other to render. Nope. What the hell it is and how I can sort it out? I do this animation for my friend and I told her that it’s done and the only small thing left is to render so you will see your intro animation soon for her YouTube channel as she is psychologist, and now this render puts me in uncomfortable position. Please can you help me?

I tried on my second computer - same thing. After that I tried on Render farm and same thing again

what version of blender? try an older one, or newer.

Ok guys i tried everything and maybe i will report it as a bug because its not normal when for example two subsequent frames that have no difference in polygons or textures whatever have such a difference in render times. So still for example at frame 91 render will not start in GPU, it will work only in CPU and will take about 10 hours (IT WILL GIVE ME ERROR “Nvidia Kernel Mode Driver has stopped responding and has recovered”.But at frame 92 i have no issues and GPU works and render is very fast. To fix that i tried everything - i tried to use different versions of Blender, i tried to reinstall nvidia drivers and CUDA toolkit and i even reinstalled windows. I tried it on windows 7 and windows 10. I tried it with current version of Blender and previous. I also made some advised changes to the registry in TdrDelay and also changed Nvidia driver settings where i enabled “prefer maximum performance” and switched off VSync. I even tried to simplify the scene by removing all subdiv surf modifiers and textures from the table

Problem persists. I have very powerful graphic card - dual nvidia 1070 and this is very expensive and professional laptop so shouldnt be any problems with that -
MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan. But i also tried to render on another laptop

BUT BEFORE I REPORT IT AS A BUG I WANT YOU GUYS please TO RENDER IT ON YOUR OWN COMPUTER AND SEE IF YOU HAVE THE SAME - AT 91 FRAME YOUR BLENDER WILL CRASH AND GIVE YOU ERROR, BUT AT 92 FRAME - YOU WILL BE ABLE SUCCESFULLY RENDER IT.
Dont forget to bake all dynamics if its needed since it rigid bodies.

frame 91 should look like that on your comp, if not - bake all dynamics on your own comp

turned an i7+gtx1070 into a brick, had to reboot… daily build, some days old

Cuda unknown error every frame, even if I append the scene into fresh file, this blend has problems. Possible issue motion blur+ridig body used to have a bug. Or something with the opensubdiv?

tried todays daily build, another frame, still freezes

Interesting. I have just reported it as a bug so lets see and wait what developers will tell us - https://developer.blender.org/T50978

Photox

For me its not every frame. In my case frame 91 - cannot render(CUDA ERROR), but frame 92 - i can…and so on 93-cannot, 94-cannot,95-can,96-cannot…(DUAL GTX 1070)