Need critiques for Diamond Themed Logo/Profile Pic

Heya,

I’m creating this logo artwork for my profile picture. :yes:

At this point I’m reasonably happy with it, but a couple of things bother me (eg. everything is pretty much the same colour tone/material)

Any critiques or suggestions would be appreciated thanks. :slight_smile:

Logo wise it looks a bit complicated. The diamond feels elongated & looking at it small the CG doesn’t read. The black @ the bottom could probably be better situated at the top.

Thank you for the critiques, after thinking a lot about it, and viewing professional logos for inspiration (should have done my research at the start :confused:), I have decided to revise most of the image to simplify it, and make the image suit it’s purpose better.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

I suspect the monochrome look is more down to how you are lighting it. I’d be tempted to render the diamonds as a separate pass with more varied colour in the lights. Other than that, I think it’s quite nice.

Hmm… This could be considered to be going backwards, but I did some more work on the artwork and ended up with this:

I took away the “CG” and instead added a wireframe to the Diamond logo to illustrate it’s… “CG’ness”.
I also added some DoF and a more interesting image for the diamond to reflect.

Not sure if I should keep it or just go back to working on the old design at this point… I quite like both designs. :cool: