xeon or i7 for digital sculpting

Hiya,
I was wandering if a xeon/opteron cpu would improve poly count performance when digital sculpting in blender.

I wouldn’t care about Cycles performance, as all i’m looking to do is push for the best performance for digital sculpting i.e. pushing for the highest amount of vertex(s) with out slowing down.

I understand that with xeon/opterons i would be able to add a large amount of ram as well.

Or should i go for a gpu that has better Opengl Performance.

PLease don’t mention cycles, when performance is spoken every one refer Cycles. NO CYCLES NEEDED FOR THIS ONE

you are looking for SINGLE THREADED performance. passmark has a nice website which lists reported performance levels of cpus. searching the cpu will often bring up this result on the first page.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

i7 6700(k is optional) - single: 2351
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-6700K+%40+4.00GHz

generally, the more the cores, the lower the singled threaded rating.

so blenders sculpting is not multi threaded.

That changes everything?

What kind of system do you have now? What works can you manage with it?

Modeling, sculpting, proceduralism… architectural, natural, environment, assets, hard, organic, characters… scanning, photogrammetry… texturing, surfacing…

If you really wish for the max. advantage, the hole system should be optimized for the spectrum of tasks intended.

• SSD large & fast - for swapping large amounts of data (mainly saving),
  • RAM lots & fast - for working on huge amount of geometry,
  • CPU fast w/ many cores - for hi-rez “multiresolution” sculpting (multithreaded)
  • GPU fast w/ lots of RAM - for fluid viewport openGL performance
    Each can be a bottleneck.

Yes, it’s easier to optimize the system for a specific task - ie. rendering with Cycles.

Finally it comes down to your skill level:
How well are you experienced with optimizing your contemporary environment to the level of commodity you feel good with?
Few tips: How can I improve viewport performance when using Dyntopo?

Or have you given any thought to get a specialized tool as are 3dcoat & zbrush?

Budget?

In short.
No to Xeon, rather faster i7.

I would think that good single core speeds are important here.

i7-7700K with overclock is the best for the task. Just make sure you have a good cooler.