Hollow Body Style Electric Guitar

I just this hollow body guitar, was hoping to get some feedback on the image…

You’ll have to click on it to get the full resolution, it looks a little strange like this.

It took 2 days to model and 3 days to make the materials since I spent a lot of time playing with different styles for the body of the guitar. I rendered it at 50 samples and did compositing in Blender and Gimp.

Enjoy! :smiley:

Hey ^^ That’s a shame there’s no reply to your thread. I like it very much, the materials look very nice :slight_smile:

I have a question though : the wood pattern doesn’t look like what you would see generally on a guitar, is it inspired by a similarly looking guitar or did you use what you wanted as a texture ?

Also some small remarks :

• The small pickup screws look like they have the same rotation, real ones would be rotated randomly.
  • The strings seem a bit thick, but I’m not sure…

You seem to model a lot a musical instruments, do you play music yourself ?

Hey,
I struggled a lot with the material on the body so I eventually gave up and just decided to use that one…The pickup screws on my reference image were all facing the same way so I just decided to do that, and I wasn’t sure how thick the strings were so I just did my best. I don’t play any instruments, I just like the design of them.

Well, for being a person who don’t play guitar you have recreated it almost perfectly, very nice!
The only critique I can make on it is the same made from asmoth, the wood material itself is very well made but the size of the tile is too tiny, it reminds me more a parquet texture that the top of a guitar, tipically in this expensive guitars the top is made of a single piece of wood, sometime in che cheapest are made with 2 or more but you’ll never see a pattern like this.
It’s a shame because the render is very well made and can almost pass like a photo of a real guitar but that tile of the top texture ruin a little the work, said that remains a great job!

Yea, I’m gonna go back and make a new material for the guitar. It bothers me that I made good model and failed the materials xD normally its the other way around.

I’m glad I made the remark, then :smiley:

There. I did a quick revision on the color management and the material for the body of the guitar. here it is:

I also rendered at 150 samples cause the 50 samples used previously were causing problems with the new color management.

That’s extremely contrasted, we can’t actually see the material very well… I think you should turn the contrast down… What did you about the color management ?

I changed it from Filmic to BT.1886 ETOF. Blender outputs the image differently for me. the image is always lighter in blender. And the contrast is different so I have to compensate in Gimp. Here’s another redo…