Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simon's House

Originally Posted by foxrender View Post
    Really like the final result, it reminds me some scene of a movie...Good work!
    I'm curious onto which movie it reminds you! thanks for the nice words!
    < I 7 Intel Core ; 8 GB Ram ; Graphic card Nvidia Geforce GTX 660ti >
    "Archiecture as an art"
    Portfolio | Artstation | Twiter

Hey guys! I prepare a making of for Ronen Bekerman site. Here you have. Let me you what do you think:
    http://www.ronenbekerman.com/making-simons-house/
    Cheers
    "Archiecture as an art"

I can't get near what you have done, but still there are some things that I've noticed and by changing it you will hopefully render an even better image.

* The TV-antenna on the roof... slightly too thick.
    * All the windows look like they have been sealed with a wooden board or something. That they lack glass. Either increase contrast, so that you get closer to black or just remove the faces you have behind the windows. Right now they get grey, dull and does not resembles the original picture.
    * The light on the top floor. You have replaced the warm orange tone with an "ordinary" lamp, which takes away the cosy feeling that the painting has. The painting has more of a inhouse stove or fireplace burning, giving it a warm looking colour. So, I suggest that you move the lamp a little more to left, little back from the window and change the tone towards orange and give it some higher value.
    * The wooden piece that hangs out from the house near the Cables. In the painting that has started to break into smaller pieces, which give a feeling of age on the house, so the the same in your model. Let the far end break in to two pieces.
    * The stairs to the house. I think the painting shows that it has been raining or that it is wet outside. Need some more glossy.
    * I think you have forgot to put a broom to the right of the door.
    * Also the door is old and the colour has worn of at the bottom of it. Could you reflect that as well in your picture that had enhanced it a bit.
    * The white edge under the lower roof (red building) is also a bit too thick, compared to the painting. This makes the roof look a little smaller than it should be.

Other than that... nothing that I can see .

I really, really liked what you have done, so the points above are not anything else then reflections on how you could make a really great picture perfect.

* The TV-antenna on the roof... slightly too thick. you're right!
    * All the windows look like they have been sealed with a wooden board or something. That they lack glass. Either increase contrast, so that you get closer to black or just remove the faces you have behind the windows. Right now they get grey, dull and does not resembles the original picture. Good call, didn't noticed the grey. I think the answer is because I choose a dawn look instead of the sunset look the painting has.
    * The light on the top floor. You have replaced the warm orange tone with an "ordinary" lamp, which takes away the cosy feeling that the painting has. The painting has more of a inhouse stove or fireplace burning, giving it a warm looking colour. So, I suggest that you move the lamp a little more to left, little back from the window and change the tone towards orange and give it some higher value. I think this also is because of the different time of the day I represented.
    * The wooden piece that hangs out from the house near the Cables. In the painting that has started to break into smaller pieces, which give a feeling of age on the house, so the the same in your model. Let the far end break in to two pieces. you're right again.
    * The stairs to the house. I think the painting shows that it has been raining or that it is wet outside. Need some more glossy. Actually, I forgot to place some snow. (I think it's snow, not rain in the original painting)
    * I think you have forgot to put a broom to the right of the door. Totally
    * Also the door is old and the colour has worn of at the bottom of it. Could you reflect that as well in your picture that had enhanced it a bit. Didn't work on the door at all
    * The white edge under the lower roof (red building) is also a bit too thick, compared to the painting. This makes the roof look a little smaller than it should be. another cookie for you.

Thanks a lot for taking that time to analyse the render against the painting.
    "Archiecture as an art"

Hi guys!
    I was honored for being summoned to explain how to achieve that FOG in the 108th 3D artist!

"Archiecture as an art"

This is one of my all-time favourite renders. Thank you also for introducing me to Simon Stalenhag's work. Incredible!

perfect man.. very realistic.

Originally Posted by fikealox View Post
    This is one of my all-time favourite renders. Thank you also for introducing me to Simon Stalenhag's work. Incredible!
    Thanks! Simon's work it's mind-blowing in deed!
    "Archiecture as an art"

Originally Posted by wilsimar View Post
    perfect man.. very realistic.
    Thanks Wilsimar for the kind words!
    "Archiecture as an art"

Impressive work! Did you use #Filmic_Blender?

xD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12