Enrique

Hello everybody, this is my last project. Let me introduce you: Enrique. I tried to work hard on the shader skin. I’ve got a lot of work to do to improve it more, but this shader is the best I’ve ever been able to accomplish. I wanted a cartoon character that would have a “rough” face. All was made in Blender. Rendered in cycles, 1000 passes. C&C are welcome, especially if I can improve it more !!! Cheers.

This is really impressive! You got the whole tough guy character down. :slight_smile:

I like it, though I think the skin is a bit too glossy. try this node setup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]476816[/ATTACH]

It’s not mine, but its what I use for all my skin materials.

Nice modelling! are you thinking about animate this guy?

His skin looks too thin, like in a baby rat or something under microscope

Thank you for your comment Loren Lemon !!!

Hello JoniMercado, thanks. No I don’t think so because I’ve got to progress much more in rigging. My rigs are always weird (in some positions). So it would take to much work for me !!!

Thanks very much fo this node setup. But I don’t have any normal image (I haven’t baked it). I haven’t done any retopo. I used the multires modifier and a stencil map for the skinpores. But I will try with these with my images, to see if it works. I’m not very gifted with that…

You’re right wikifry, I would like to correct it. I will try with the node setup from BloodRed15

I reworked on my character with the shader skin. I think it’s better now. Hope you like it !!!