Helping out a total noob.

Hey guys !

So this is my first post on this forum. I have been browsing Youtube for the past day and I saw a video made by Andrew on how to make an airplane. I downloaded blender and I have been stuck for the past 10 min at the very begging.

The problem is whenever I try to adjust the cylinder shape the whole lenght of the airplane shrinks a bit as you can see on the 3 pictures I’ve attached below. It is really weird because I am only adjusting the thickness of the airplane so why does it have an affect on lenght ? My question may be really really stupid but you have to know I haven’t touched a program similar like blender never in my life.

Thank you so much for the help !

Attachments

I’m assuming by “adjusting the thickness” you mean you are scaling (S)?

If so, by default you are scaling along all axes. You can scale along just one axis by pressing S, then X, Y or Z (for the respective axes). You can also scale by two axes by pressing S, then SHIFT+X/Y/Z. It will then scale along the other two axes (e.g. Y and Z for SHIFT+X).

In your case, try scaling along X and Z (S, then SHIFT+Y).

Thank you so much for the quick reply. The whole time I was pressing CTRL + SHIFT + Z because Andrew said that that is what we needed to be doing in order to scale the cylinder.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Modeling”