Need Feedback on a quick project of mine (it isn't finished yet)

Some months ago I made a model and didn’t get to render it anymore, that’s why i decided to at least try and render it as good looking as possible (I am trying hard in photorealism, but I find it quite hard to get things right)
So here’s the render:

Here is the link to all the renders until yet: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gw1lia91hwmhgp5/AACV0BSMVcc3vTpdnq0Td6zEa

Try increasing the ambient occlusion sampling, I see heavy dithering. : )

Also that floor texture stands way out, try decreasing the bump map intensity.

With regards to photorealism, I’ve found that lighting is critical. The lighting in your scene seems uniform, while photorealism does really well with gradients. I think a three-point light setup is not a bad place to start.

I am trying to avoid external light sources as much as possible, I want the laptop screen to be the main light source. 3-point lightning would be too much of external lightning in my opinion. Yes, I am working on the ground (I’m not using a texture, but material) I don’t really know how I should make the floor look imperfect (bumps, surface imperfections), so that it still suits my scene.

In that case it may be beneficial to exaggerate the laptop screen—fog glow? With that you’d want the ground to be subtle. Perhaps a semi-glossy surface with varying roughness?

grazie, I will try that

Looks good to me. I’m starting out on a similar journey, one thing I would say is that the screen light source doesn’t seem to have any glow so maybe the suggestion above regarding atmospheric fog could help. A helpful tut I watched recently pointed out that the post render effects added by the built in compositor or photoshop will help with realism. Maybe consider the possible flaws the camera lens would pick up and include in a photo such as lens distortion and glare from the laptop screen if it is the only light source. (credit to. Blender Guru on YT).
I’m new on here and looking for somewhere to share my blend files with others and practice techniques on other peoples work. Perhaps something similar could help you?

The laptop plastic material seems a little off to me. Have you looked into PBR materials? There are lots of resources on that. I did a quick image lookup in google for “Laptop in dark room”. There are some great references for what you’re trying to achieve. Keep up the good work.