Create a bathroom sink ?

Hello everyone ! I’m currently working on a Bathroom to train on interior renders, and I need to make a sink. The thing is, I’m struggling like hell to archieve what I want :

This is what I’m trying to do. The face close to the taps is flat, then it smoothly ramp to the border of the sink. The 2 corners close to the person using it are kind of triangle shaped, but with a very large bevel going down the flange. I tried multiple things mixed with creases but nothing is close to what I try to archieve. And I feel like the understanding of crease is beyond logic. It just never does what I want :stuck_out_tongue:

For now, I can do things like the following image with a couple support edges and a subdisivion surface. But this is not the kind of sink I want.

Any tips ? Thanks !

Doesn’t have to be too complicated

Nice ! Could you show some of the main process you did to do that ? Like at least a screen of your mesh without the subsurf including a screen of the edge (the triangle edge is the most important for me) ?

Thanks !

Certainly.

Made another one and recorded that

Just one example. Following the process is not that important, everyone models differently. What matters are the flows in the structure and I marked the main ones with materials for the forms I was making, although didn’t actually follow the reference nor search more information.

Curved surfaces need more geometry than flat ones, and the more defined the surface is, the more vertices and edges is needed. Smooth curvature on a surface requires that the vertex distance next to its neighbours is either equal or changes gradually on a loop. That also means face sizes should gradually change. How much depends on how the form changes and the targeted density.

Also keeping the amount of geometry low in the control cage whenever possible gives better control over the model, nothing wrong with that. That one is 158 vertices total and subdivision surfaces do most of the work.

sink_ja12.blend (103 KB)

This is extremely useful. Thanks a lot for your time and help, I will try to do it myself now !

My progress so far :