Default Driver Value?

Heyo~

I’m setting up drivers for my shape keys, and using armature bones as the drivers.
Whenever I set up the driver in the graph editor, it always sets the starting/default value of the driver to 1.
How do I set the default value to 0?

How are you adding drivers? Usually, “Manually Create Later” will set the starting value to the current value of the control you’re adding it to. By default Blender creates a driver as a scripted expression, and just enters the current value of the control as the expression. You can click the control with the driver and edit the value.(2.78)

That’s just my experience, and the way I generally work with it. It’s a complex subject, and without more information, it’s tough to figure exactly what your doing.

Thanks~
It actually only seems to be doing it now when I try to set the type to scaling. Location works fine…though scaling would feel more natural for some of the keys :frowning:

It actually only seems to be doing it now when I try to set the type to scaling. Location works fine…though scaling would feel more natural for some of the keys

Hey, ‘LOC’ & ‘ROT’ default value is ‘0’ – ‘SCALE’ value is ‘1’… meaning there is NO scale.

But it also sets the shape key to 1, fully activating it. I then have to scale the bone down from it’s rest position to deactivate the shape key.

Could you post some screen shots of say the driver & shape key panel so I understand your issue better ?

I’m having issues here too. I thought that if I chose “Single Driver” or “Manually Create Later” it doesn’t matter because I change from Scripted Expression to Averaged Value anyway.