Reversing a particle animation

Hi I want to play a particle simulation backwards. Right now I am simply trying to figure out, how to do this, so there is no specific blendfile I can provide.
I know that I can render a animation and play it in reverse. That’s not suitable for what I’m hoping to do with this. Whitin the scene other objects have to move forward. Cameras etc. Well I guess I could try to animate everything backwards but that would be very awkward work since it should be synchronised to music.
What I found was a suggestion to bake the simulation to keyframes and then scale those in curve editor via s, x, -1. Well I was able to do that for rigidbodies via t-panel but that would only be influencing the emitter. With baking and caching in the particle settings I dont get any keyframes in curve editor. That same article said something about “Bake to action” which I wasn’t able to find at all.

Would love to get some help on this. Or at least a notion that it’s simply not possible so I can save my thinking for another solution.