Bald patches on surfaces with hair?

I’m in the process of learning how to make hair. I’ve applied it to a Renamon model that I downloaded, but noticed that there are some visible bald spots. They’re grouped with the rest of the faces which I applied the fur to, so I’m not sure why this is happening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]477106[/ATTACH]

hard to help no screenshots, no .blend file :frowning:

Does that attachment not work for you?

The attachement is invalid, upload to pasteall or dropbox and give a link.

My apologies. Here’s the image;

EDIT: And I suppose the .blend file would be important as well; https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5duajf34lw05x0/Fur%20Test.blend?dl=0

Your mesh has some issues. You have over 1000 doubles (verts directly on top of one and other). Edit mode, select all (a) remove doubles button from tools panel on left. Back in object mode, in the particle system, use modifier stack checkbox at top of particle system, then you just need a few more parent strands, from default 1000, to ~2500.

Unfortunately I’m still experiencing the same problem;

I have noticed, though, that the bald patches aren’t actually bald. They have hair that go inside the mesh, rather than outside. Do you think I could perhaps fix the issue by reversing those faces?

(I would’ve figured the creators of a popular MMO would at least know how to make these models correctly)

Uncheck ‘even distrubution’

While that fixed the ears, those… shoulder-fins (?) are still bald.

I have seen this issue on triangulated topology before, and I don’t know what causes it or how to fix it, sorry.

That’s okay. Thank you for trying though, it means a lot.

If i remember correct the last time talk to mont29, the last person who dared to adventure himself in the dangerous “landsofparticles”, He said that avoid ngons and triangles when using particles. As long as we use quads we are good. That is why particles should be rewritten to solve some ambiguity. Sorry i cannot help much :frowning:

1 Like