Add texture on object

Hello guys,

I’ve just begun using blender 2.75 version and wondered how to wrap an image around an object and use as painting. I watched the illustration videos on youtube and followed what they were doing. Then I discovered the option for it doesn’t exist for me. Is it something to do with different versions? Does anyone know what I’m supposed to do to gain this option to add texture?

Down below here you see what came up for me and which option that was missing. Would be very thankful for answer.

Attachments

Tutorial is using Cycles render and you’re using Blender render which is the default. You can change it on the top header.

Also current version of Blender is 2.78c. There’s a new one every 3 months or so, so yours is a year or so old.

Thanks for the reply. I changed the settings and continued but when I tried to add texture nothing happened. Is it something that has do be done before doing it? I dont understand what I’m doing wrong when I follow the video.

The two engines are different and use different material systems. Have to change the engine to build the material for the right one.

No one else does either unless you explain what you’re doing, with images, and include a .blend file. Tutorial linked in my signature shows why, what, and how.

Perhaps you should find another video tutorial if that doesn’t explain enough so you could follow.