Disgusting creature

I wanted to do a semi-realistic-looking creature that would make the viewer think of The Thing (1982), but that could also exist in a sci-fi or fantasy universe on its own.

Added some cheesy sfx:

well, it sure is disgusting. great concept and model

Thanks. It really took me a long time to make, fiddling with SSS shaders, adding hair, removing hair, weighting the tentacles, fiddling with tooth shaders, etc.

SICK! Well done.

this is awesome, would fit perfectly in an 80s horror movie! also really disgusting too, great work!

that’s really disgusting monster, and it do reminds the Kog’Maw in the game of LOL…

I Love The Thing, too! And I’m sure your creature would have been into the movie perfectly. It’s a great design and also a great work. Congratulations!

Very disgusting. Well done!

Thank you all!

I wouldn’t call it disgusting, more like “fucking terrifying”, but title aside, it looks great(and disturbing, but I’m guessing that was your goal, so well done!).

That’s so cool! Good job :slight_smile:

Wow cool creature love how you textured it… are you going to make it walk?

Thanks, yes, I was hoping to evoke those kinds of feelings. I’m glad it works as intended. xD

Thank you! I did make a walk cycle at first but by that point I was so tired of it already I didn’t put much effort into it, and I don’t know if I’ll be coming back… Although now that you mention it, it would be interesting to do.

I was playing Alien Isolation on the Xbox 360, reminds me a little of that.

Was this created using the mirror modifier?

Mostly yes, but I made the front part (around the “mouth”) its own unqiue UV island so there wouldn’t be obvious symmetry.

Hmm, how much memory does it require to run?

Wow, I love it! Like something out of Bloodborne

Incredible, reminded me of hellraiser :slight_smile:

Nice work, animation was top notch :smiley:

Thanks again everybody!

About 2 gigs.

Great job, buzzkirill. The creature reminds me of the creature at the end of “Howard the Duck”. The animation is great, I know Phil Tippett wishes he had CGI in 1986 when he did that movie, at ILM.