3D Tile Map Editor

Do you know any addon for converting Blender into a some kind of a 3D Tile Map Editor?
Thanks.

Don’t know if it’s something like this you are looking but take a look:

Thanky you Hdhunk, but what I’m looking for is something like Tiledbut in 3D.
Something like this:

turn on grid snapping should do the trick.

That would be super cool.

I know this addon : https://matt-lucas.itch.io/level-buddy

You can create level with the quake brush style, snap to the grid, and it keeps the texel size constant everywhere.

Take a look at the video and see if you can use it.

There’s also this:

And on this video at 4:30 min:

The Addon Benny said also is very good too. I think you can achieve the effect of the proTile of Unity just by using textures, normal maps, displacements, you know. Because these addons just create a pure tile floor and whe need to do the rest. Who knows, maybe there is a addon that create objects with a texture and material already, but I never heard about.

This is the nearest of what I’m looking for I’ve found.

But I’m looking something more complete, like this one for Blender

o this another one

I am working on a solution*

You can build a level editor in BGE, but … Blender itself is the best level editor ever, with all sort of useful features. If you want tiling, just place your object centers sensibly and snap everything to the grid (shift + tab toggles snap to grid)

yeah, but with the suite I am making, you make games inside the engine, save and then test, if something is not working, you can whip out the editor and fix it, (as far as layout or terrain etc)
(inside the game)

the whole streamable level is just a dictionary

if a tile editing system is setup correctly it forces instancing / small amount of MB for a huge amount of content.

{‘TileXY’:[TileXY,[vertexData],False or GameObject]}

to load the level I build a macro tree (objects)

as tiles load in I build a microtree (edit tiles)

as tiles load out they go back in the dictionary / end the object.

I will be doing a duplicate of this system for gameObject instances,
(intstead of tiles) this system queues up addObject() calls

@BPR: Write an exporter in BPY - saves hours and hours of GUI programming in BGE.

In my opinion, this has been the core-strength of the Elder Scrolls franchise.

The Construction Kit was a simple system for building the world, but look at the sheer volume of work achieved!

In contrast the BGE’s versatility becomes a double-edged sword - the freedom keeps you interested for years, but the responsibility breaks your ambitions.

We do have the motherlode of WIP’s though xD

@John_tgh:
Thenissue is that most people use blender as is for a level editor. They never investigate proper project/file management, or simplify the creation of in-game elements (if you need to create game properties or logic bricks for items in a level, write a bpy script creating a new panel in the logic editor).
You have to make the entry skills to making a level low, and throwing the full power of blender is very daunting. So make it simpler where you can. Prefab groups for level geometry etc.

All gake ehgines have hundreds more WIP’s than finished games. There have been several polished, finished games in BGE if you go back several years. I’d estimate 2-3 per year.