Duplicate Objects are occurring Two Questions.

I used
Startup.blend (1.08 MB) startup file used to create - duplicateobjectsProblem.blend (1.68 MB) When I copied the chain to make it longer there were many duplicates and they showed up when animated. I deleted a lot of them but I left some so I could ask a question about it.

I also noticed that my startup file has all the objects duplicated.

I like to run more than one session of blender at the same time hmmmm.
OR
This startup file was copied from 78a maybe thats my problem. ?

Any links to how to update blender on win7 from 78a to 78c while keeping all addons shortcuts and such in tact. ?
( I am blaming a messed up install)

Maybe you all know it might be something else. ? I think I am going to go through the process of updated to 78C but this time figure out exactly the right way to do it and be ready for the next update.
I run it stand alone by having a config file in the 278 folder- I have lots of custom keyboard shortcuts - I have lots of addons. So I need to pin down how to properly update when I run stand alone on win7. Any links to this would be appreciated.

If you have a custom config file for a standalone blender then you need to copy the config files from one installation to the other.
If you don’t use a standalone config file then all 2.78 versions would share the same config file

After reading the post:

I decided to post my startup file from 278A that I used in 278C startup.blend (767 KB)

I suppose there is an official way to submit bugs ?

when I put this file in my config folder (stand alone install) - when opened in 278c all my objects were duplicated. . 2 cameras 2 lights 2 cubes. when I open it in A it is fine.
Some are saying that it will bring trouble to use old config files in 278c ? For me my .blend that I created with c is a total mess with all these dups and such.

For now I will go back to 278A untell i can figure out how to install 278C and retain all the keyboard shortcuts and other configurations that are unknown to me at this point.

Cheers