[Finished]Living room

Current progress:

I’m a beginner modeller, and I would like to get some feedback about my ongoing living room project
At the minute the scene only has a couch, a table and a carpet, but I’m planning on adding more things into the mix

Added a lamp, walls and teacup and changed the light to an orange color

After I ran it trough gimp, I removed some of the dots around the image

Update 3:

I added some flooring, some books, a bookcase (with no books ironically) and a clock
I’m planning to add a painting above the couch and then I finally get around adding a backdrop
Dawn without a sun is boring

Update 4:

Update 5:
Because I forgot to add some update info to the previous post, I’ll add them here:
I added a backdrop and a painting
In the newest I turned off the standing lamp, because it was generating a lot of noise and with the amount of light it didn’t look good. I’m planning on changing the background because it’s just plain ugly.

My next goal: I’ll try to add a curtain or I’ll decorate the bookcase with things

Update 6:

I just changed the pic, and made the whole lighting be a little bit closer to dawn
I would really like some constructive criticism at this point

It look great! I would elaborate on the window, adding in details, like a frame, or maybe curtains
The lamp looks a bit out of proportion, and one of the table’s legs seems to be completely submerged in the carpet, if you look at a real table it would push the hairs of the carpet down rather than being submerged.
The shelf should have some more elements to it, as well, maybe a plant or some books.
The sofa seems a bit too perfect, I would go into sculpting mode and maybe add some displacement, as if someone had sat on it.
The wire for the lamp also looks like it just goes into the wall.

I personally would also like to see some coving and skirting, but that’s up to you.
What you’ve done so far is pretty great and I look forward to seeing it improve:)

Thank you for the advice @JerryGraphikos
I changed the texture on the gorund for a warmer look, added curtains, a windowframe and coving/skirting, painted the wall yellowish and I made the hairs in the carpet shorter

I filled the shelves and now I think I’m done
I’ll do a 1000 sample render while I’m at school, but I don’t think I will edit this scene anymore
This was a nice learning project

nice view, this scene deserves some more work…!

For what you have here, I think a tighter shot with some object as the “hero” of the scene would work better. As it is, this feels really open and empty. I wouldn’t worry about the window being in the image, but rather focus the shot in on the coffee table, couch, and bookshelf with some object as a focal element that tells some sort of story. As it is, just zooming the camera in, I’d feel a bit “so what?” because there doesn’t appear to be any point of interest for focus. But the key, too, is to zoom in on the top right quadrant where all the stuff is as a start.