Furniture Scene

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on BA, so first off, Hello everyone, nice to meet you. :smiley:

I’m currently doing renders for a company of their products. They manufacture furniture and I do renders of their products for marketing & sales purposes. I’ve just started doing another render of some of their new products in an insitu type scene. So far they’ve been happy with what I’ve produced for them in my previous renders, but I really want to up my game.

Here is the WIP of my latest scene, what do you think? What am I getting wrong? What am I getting right? What would you add or remove?

The only element I can’t change is the design of the furniture.

I’m using filmic in colour management, an HDR of a park for lighting and the background, the floor is a procedural material using the ‘Brick’ texture node. The fabrics of the seats are based off scans of real fabrics available for the product range. For post processing, I added a lens distortion and glare in the compositor, then a general sharpening effect and vignette in photoshop.

The upholstered sections look far to flat for me - consider add in a “bump” image or Displacement to make them more uneven/rounded - they look like cloth straight on wood for now, which would be mighty uncomfortable…

Oh yes, Welcome to BA!

Cheers, Clock.

Thanks for the feedback! You’re right, that has been bothering me, that too look too flat. The real product itself is a wood frame with foam wrapped around it and fabric layered over the top. Maybe some low frequency displacement of the mesh would work to give it a ‘cushy’ feel. Thanks for the tip!