Mirror BGE

Hi there

I am working in the BGE and now I have in mind use mirrors into my project. I found some few tutorials, but mostly are quite old for the current version.

I can quote this here, that I already have seen a thread on the forum about issues

http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Game_Engine/VideoTexture/VideoTexture_Mirror_1.html

And these:

Some don’t actually work, maybe because of incompability of version, I really don’t know. And then I found this video:

It’s very simple, as I could see. And actually I don’t know if it uses a camera (like a video texture) or uses the render to do it. And I don’t know how to do it, or where to find the script or tutorial.

I really apreciate some help, really. I am some kind lost on this part to do the mirrors and I need some hand to clear my thoughts.

I hope you can understand my question.

Thank you in advance.

I quite recently created a tutorial on using planar reflections in the bge. Although i don’t understand the script and tech behind it completely, mirrors can still be achieved rather easily. I’m pretty sure you should be able to find my video on youtube if you’re curious. Good luck on your project!

I tried both. The frist my blender crashes, i don’t know if because of my computer or diference of versions.

The second, I found the video, but the python script don’t run, show in the text editor an error.

I’ll keep testing in order to make it work, maybe I did something wrong, thanks :smiley:

I just tried now this one here:

http://gametutorials.tutorialsforblender3d.com/Mirror/Page1

But just happened the same. When I hit to play the game, Blender crashes. I thought it was the code but I think I din’t have to run it, but it still crashes, the same way the tutorial Ncholas send.

Hm i thought, that the bug in bge was fixed, but if not you could try Upbge. Its fixed in it.

Thanks, I didn’t know about this UPBGE, now it worked, I really didn’t hear about it. Now I’m gona follow their tutorials properly to work, and then watch tutorials for Upbge.

Well, now I’ll try to figure out the aliasing in the objects, that just now I figured in my scene e.e

One last thing: Can I apply with the mirror texture other texture? Better saying: Like I have a plane and in this plane I apply a texture of tiles and to make reflection in this texture can I apply too the reflection map with the script?

I don’t know if you understand, but it’s like the glass of a TV that reflects the environment or a glass on a window that too reflects the environment.