Addon to De-Segment Cylindrical Meshes?

I have up to 20 meshes in a complex object that I would like to undo some modeling on, in terms of the amount of segments on the cylinders.

They are all at very odd angles, and it would be a major, major pain to have to manually recreate and position the cylinder and circle meshes for with a lower number of segments.

Is there an addon or script that checks for whether an object has a cylindrical shape (also things like a curve with a bevel depth converted back into a mesh), and allows you to set the new amount of segments you want? The Decimate modifier rarely worked on single separated cylindrical meshes, and when it did it was quite pathetic.

Regards

Ron

Another way
separate your cylinders

make another cylinder with less segments

then go to user preference and assign the Mesh data to your original cylinders

happy bl

In addtion to Rickys idea:

In edit mode, merge or dissolve undesired vertices from your cylinder and then just open the specials command (w) => Looptools => Circle (do it on every “vertex-ring” of your cylinder).

Still a bit tedious, I guess. Also, You need to have the “Looptools” addon activated.

RickyBlender, I’m not sure how to do that. Is it by applying mesh data with both selected?

Hello RBX, thanks for the reply, the modifier comes in handy in other scenarios as well.

Now since this is along the same lines: does anyone know of any addon that reduces the segment count of a bevel? More complicated, I know, but along the same lines.