Jester

My entry for the CGCookie April’s Fool competition. Based on this excellent concept art

Modeled, rigged and rendered in Blender. Sculpted and textured in El ZBrusho.

The whole work looks great, but why the two legs are not in the same size?:wink:

It’s an intriguing piece. Stylistically there’s a lot going on, and it meshes together pretty nicely. I like it.

If I had to guess, I’d say part of the issue is due to perspective as the left leg is angled more towards the camera than the right leg, therefore appearing shorter. However, I do agree with you on that.

A couple other things that stick out to me is the perfectly straight back (could be arched forward a little more so it appears more relaxed) and the shortness of her right arm (looks especially short in comparison to her really long legs). Other than that, looks great. Love the amount of detail and work put into this.

Thanks for the comments, volks.

Yeah the back could definitely feel a bit more relaxed. The figure does have relatively long legs and they’re made even longer by the camera distortion/perspective. Her right foot looks enormous compared to her right hand, but that’s again caused by the camera distortion. I really like the way it made the figure seem super long.

Would be cool for a Harley Queen version for Saint Seiya