exporting and importing .fbx, some bones not linking with animation

Hi,

I’m modding for the game Ark: Survival Evolved and have been using the dev kit to export dino skeletal meshes and animations as .fbx files and then importing them into blender.

I have two issues that keep cropping up.

1. When I test the slightly edited skeletal mesh by importing the animation and linking them via action editor, wierd stuff happens like the tongue mesh stay in rest position, despite the bones moving with the linked animation, or the eyes pop out of the mesh and float on either side of the head. The tongue mesh follows their bones when I move them in pose mode, just not during animations.

2. When I edit an animation, e.g. flatten the f curves of certain eye movements so they move less, the animation with work fine linked with the skeletal mesh. Then I export the animation and then re-import it to make sure it worked. I link the skeletal mesh with the animation and random keys are removed or changed i.e the tail now spins, tail loses keys so stilited movement, claws lose keys, jaw stays in rest position etc. Exporting and importing works fine as long as I don’t edit a single key. Just one edit is all it takes for problems like the above to happen.

Can someone please help, I’ve spent over 20 hours trying to solve this and I’m just about tearing my hair out