Intelligent Alchemy AO

blender realtime level editor

nice!

do you also use kdtree?

Oooh this is cool : D I think a lot of people would like to use this system : D

no at the moment i’m only using a custom data structure for storing the vertex information.
yesterday i tried to switch the gfx card from the dedicated to the integrated intel hd and i noticed that the spawning cause lags this is due to newLib function i think…so i would like to find another way for instancing the terrain planes…mmmm

How did you avoid the issue of gaps between planes appearing when sculpting?

He must be using a array or something that when he adds the mesh, he finds where each vertex belongs in the array and pops it in, to edit, you convert the hitpoint to the closest array location using rounding to the nearest increment, and uses the hitpoint to access the array,

It looks very nice.

Please keep going!!!

Do you recalculate normals over all the tiles or just the ones that have been modified?

only for those that are modified, always optimizing!! :wink:

added clouds in sky editor!

Nifty! The BGE continues to amaze me.

You could make a grass system, and have a circle aligned to the ground to show where the grass is going to spawn. Basically, a tall cylinder, and only the points that intersect with the ground are shown, creating a circle (kind of). I don’t know how exactly you could do that, though

Just place it on the floor and automatically the asset manager integrated into the level editor, depending on the spawn distance, adds it and deletes it :slight_smile:

Added distance based sound manager

How did you update vertex normals on the terrain, I always had problems with that